How She Lost 50% Body Fat With A High Protein Diet

She lost almost half of her body fat percentage after starting a high-protein diet. Here’s what she ate.

how she lost half her body fat
(Rachel Hosie in 2018 (left) and 2021) 


Rachel explains: "I wanted to stop eating too much and lose weight. I wanted to keep the muscles that I had built up already for 18 months of weight lifting. Six months later, not only did I manage to lose 35 pounds but also my body fat percentage went from 30% down to 17%." 

Since then, she's lost weight and kept it off. She also lost some fat and gained some muscle by changing her diet and training regularly.

Here’s how she did it.

Smaller Portions When You Want To Lose Fat

I’ve learned how to manage my weight. I know about body fat and muscle building. Sometimes I just want to focus on building more muscle. If that means gaining a little more body fat, it is ok - as long as you do not get too overweight - Rachel explains. 

Sometimes she want to lose some weight. She knows how to do it healthily without losing muscle.

During fat loss phases, it is important to only cut calories a little and to eat lots of protein. Protein makes you feel full and helps you keep the weight off.

She doesn't really really change her diet all to much when she wants to lose fat, she mostly just alters her portion size and manage her overall calorie intake.

Eat Fewer Calories

Every day is different, but here's what she might do on an average day when she want to eat fewer calories.

  • Breakfast: overnight oats with berries and banana (if you want to make this even lower in calories, you can use powdered peanut butter instead of regular)
  • Lunch: bagel thin with grilled chicken breast, avocado, and cream cheese, plus an apple
  • Afternoon snack: slice of banana bread
  • Dinner: wholegrain pasta with turkey meatballs and green vegetables in a creamy pesto sauce
  • Dessert: Greek yogurt with mango

You should try to cook from scratch and stay away from processed foods. But sometimes, that is not always possible or convenient. Low calorie ice cream and protein bars, but sometimes even donuts, cake, or pizza might slip in to her diet. And once in a while she even has burgers too.

The 80/20 rule is a good rule to follow. I eat nutrient-dense foods 80% of the time, and whatever I want for the remaining 20% she sais. 

Conclusion

Losing weight is never easy. And everyone's body is beautifully different and reacts differently to certain foods. A high protein diet might be something that works for you. You'll never know until you've tried.

Read more about Rachel's story here. 

 

Shop

The Look

TAGS: